Jessica Joy is an inspiring young speaker, singer, songwriter and worship leader who resides in the Twin Cities. Jessica began to use her gifts to lead people into the presence of God when she was very young and by age eleven was leading worship on the adult worship team at her church. While studying Music Business at North Central University she speaks and sings in many venues. Jessica began writing songs when she was eight and became serious when she taught herself to play (on an old beat up guitar she found in her basement). She wanted to prove to her parents that she was committed and responsible enough to have her own guitar. It worked! Once she received her first guitar her songwriting passion sparked and she hasn’t stopped!
Early in 2012 Jessica’s life took an unexpected health journey that she has been walking through ever since. It took one year before she was diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease. Out of this painful journey God gave her many songs throughout the night, often at three or four in the morning when she could not sleep due to the pain. As she states, “Through those intimate times many messages and songs were birthed. God never promised that there would not be sorrow, but He promises us in Romans 8:28 that He will orchestrate everything into something good and beautiful for those who love Him… I know that God does not waste any hurt in His children. Thus came the inspiration behind my recently released album, Nothing Wasted.”
Jessica’s passionate music moves you into the depths of her heart, mind and soul, offering the same hope she’s found in Christ to anyone facing painful trials.“Nothing Wasted” is musically diverse, showcasing her creativity through many different styles of songs. This original album is sure to connect with listeners not only through the intriguing, catchy melodies but also through her vulnerable and encouraging lyrics. Songs like, “You Waste Nothing” and “Adopted” pull on the heart strings as she writes from not only a place of suffering but a place of hope. Others, like “High Road” and “You’re Not Alone” will have you singing along to the upbeat tunes that share positive messages.
Despite her health trial, she has not wavered in her heart for broken people and a deep desire to lead them to the cross through Worship. Jessica Joy would love to come and lead worship, speak or share her music at your venue whether that is at church, youth groups, women and youth retreats, high schools, benefit concerts or other events. For a list of some of Jessica's Speaking Topics go to "Contact."
- “Beauty For Ashes” won first place at the 2012 Gideon Media Arts Conference and Film Festival National songwriting competition.
- She also took third place in the Artist Talent Category.
- Recorded her debut original album, “Nothing Wasted” at age seventeen.
- Won a McPherson guitar for a song arranging competition from The Salvation Poem Foundation.
- Collaborated on the song, “You Remain,” which was chosen out of others songs to be recorded during the 2014 Pure Worship Institute at North Central University.
- Won Superiors in state and was invited to compete in the 2014 National Fine Arts Festival in Vocal Solo, Worship Team, Songwriting and Worship Leading Solo.
- She won first place in the Worship Leading Solo.
- “You Waste Nothing” placed fifth out of one hundred forty-one songs in the songwriting category at Nationals.